Ashley's Blog

2.06.2017

2017 Reading List

Last year I surpassed my goal to read 15 books. I ended the year with 19. This year I doubled my goal to 30 books. At first, I thought 24 would be a good number then realized I can easily read two books each month. So to add challenge I rounded up to 30.
Books I didn't get to last year
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles- One of my favorite books last year was The Nightingale. I've been told if I enjoyed The Nightingale, I'll enjoy A Gentleman in Moscow even more. I would love another book just as good as The Nightingale, we'll see.
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty- Upcoming HBO series.

2017 Thrillers 
The Dry by Jane Harper
Little Deaths by Emma Flint
Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia

Books People Magazine suggests
I get all the People Magazines from the Mom I nanny for. She shares them with me after she's finished. This is my go-to place for what to read next.
This Is How It always Is by Laurie Frankel
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti
Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson
Hey Harry, Hey Matilda by Rachel Hulin
The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney
Lucky Boy by Shanthi Sekaran

Authors to read again
Ruth Ware- Her book In a Dark Dark Wood was a hit for me, but then I read The Woman in Cabin 10 and didn't enjoy it at all. I haven't given up on her and want to try another of her books.
Taylor Jenkins Reid- Her books lure me in every. single. time.
Nancy E. Turner- I started last year with book #1 of Sarah Agnes Prine. I should probably get to reading #2 and #3.
Paula Hawkins- Author of The Girl on the Train and I have high hopes for her new book coming out in May.

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment