Ashley's Blog

8.08.2016

a collection of ashley's place

January was that oddest month ever, moving to the city, staying in a family friend's basement for weeks + doing the apartment searching on my own. I spent hours at coffee shops weighing pro + cons of each available place. Phone calls + emails later I looked at a one-bedroom, filled an application and never heard back again. 
I took a two-day break, convinced myself I was forever living in basements + stood up lots of viewings because - winter blues + I don't know how to do city living. On a random afternoon, I opened Craigslist, saw an available sublease for a little-ish apartment. Made a phone call, 20 minutes later arrived at the apartment, filled out the application even though 3 other lessees were ahead of me. Crossed my fingers, prayed, didn't get my hopes up. Two days later I was given a handful of keys and had 500 sqft to call mine. 



Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment