Ashley's Blog

3.21.2016

2016 reads | part one

Honestly, this post is mostly for sharing the photos. I’m going to skip sharing my thoughts on the books, and stick with the easy star rating. These books are in so many of the photos I take and I don’t want such to go to waste.

I have already read more book this year compared to how many I read last year. I’m estimating the amount I will read this year will just about double the amount I’ve read all 19 years of life. 


These is My Words by Nancy Turner
***** If I were to judge a book by its cover, this one wouldn’t have made it off the shelf. Lots of book clubs were reading this book so I gave it a go.


Room by Emma Donoghue
**** You know you’re really out of the loop in entertainment when not until halfway finished you realize this book was recently made into a movie + is winning major awards. Without knowing it, I read a book before seeing the movie! 


Nobody Is Ever Missing by Catherine Lacey
** Not sure why I picked up this book. 

Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
***** I had this book screenshot on my phone for awhile. It was one of the few available at the nearest library. I snagged it and now I’m thinking of buying my own copy. Because being a ballerina is every girls’ dream.


All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
**** Whenever I went to the library or bookstore I felt like this guy was always staring are me. I was so intimidated by its size, I’d tell myself no way! It wasn’t until my boss put the book in my hands that I started reading. Just tryna make my boss proud.

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
**** Looking for a good, one day read? This is it. There is nothing slow about this book. It's easy to put down and pick up at any time.

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment