Ashley's Blog

1.25.2016

day in the life | a work day

Wake up at 6:25 am. Mornings aren't rough, I have always been an early bird. I don't check social media or any notifications on my phone. I used to be able to do this when I lived in peoples' basements. I wish I still could but life is rough. Wifi would make me have to sacrifice my yoga membership and data use would make my dad kick me off his plan.

What I do do is turn on some music and start my coffee. I'll head to my closet and attempt to dress for the weather. Lately, that seems impossible. There hasn't been days higher than 10 degrees for weeks now. My sweaters to cold days ratio aren't working. I may need to explore local shops and fix this issue if this weather keeps up.


I'll make breakfast, usually a bowl of cereal with berries. I don't like to spend too much of my morning in the kitchen. This is quick and tasty. 

Next, I'll bring my cereal with me and do the short version of a morning devotion + pick a verse of the day for memorizing. In the mornings, I rush through everything I do. To avoid rushing through devotions, I put extra time into that on Friday + Saturday mornings. 

This morning's memory verse was.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. 1 Peter 1:6 

This is my second year reading through Jesus Calling.



Before I know it, it's 7:40 and I'm scrambling like a mad man. Making a to-go cup of coffee, washing breakfast dishes, making my bed, preparing my bag for work, brushing teeth, bundling up, double checking I have all the keys I need and locking up the doors. I get out the door around 7:55. 

I take a short 30-second walk through the alley to work.

I am greeted with a smiling baby. She's on a routine of wake eat play sleep repeat. We work super well together. We drink together. Sometimes we hold hands. She likes it when we lay on our backs and watch the ceiling fan go round and round. We talk about our future a lot. Like when the weather is nice enough for walks and going to the ice cream shop to share a cone. 



When I get off work the sun has about set. What does a girl do with no internet or cable? I'll wandering from room to room and add more to my spring clean list. Because maybe in the spring I'll finally get shit done. Once I get sick of wandering, I feel hungry. I try to get creative with the five foods I have -- bread, ravioli, avocado, tomatoes and cottage cheese. 


After dinner is ice cream and Modern Family. One time I was feeling lazy and ate the ice cream from the pint. Bad idea. 

Im usually ready for sleep around 9:00 pm unless it's a Monday. The small group I'm in is full of night owls! Any other night, it's lights out.

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

1 comment:

  1. Bloglovin suggested we be blogging friends - glad they did - I'm enjoying your latest posts and excited to follow you now :)

    ReplyDelete