Ashley's Blog

10.05.2015

weekend recap | Twin Cities

I just got back from a fun-filled weekend with my dear friend, Victoria. September is our birthday month and we were in need of celebration.

Friday, in the early, am instead of spending the day with my two little boys, I was off for a well-spent weekend visiting my best friend who recently started college near the Twin Cities. 
Once I was out of the house, my first priority was getting my free Starbucks birthday drink. yum. Then I was off for 6.5 hours on the road. Listening to audio books and running into lots of road construction. 
Eventually, I arrived. We got right to exploring. It started out rough, both of us have never walked the Minneapolis downtown streets. We eventually found our way to this pretty walking bridge. Hours on hours were spent catching up on each other's new lives. 
We spent Saturday morning in our striped dresses, wandering around Saint Paul. First, we hit up their Farmer's Market and treated ourselves to their gorgeous flower bouquets. 
Later we hung out with Saint Paul's twin, Minneapolis. We checked out the sculpture garden cause that's a tourist must. We ate the most delicious brunch at a place called the third bird. This was the closest meal we got to having 'real food' all weekend. We got our fix of art at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. 
The Little Red Riding Hood was showing over the weekend. After that, we treated ourselves to cake and coffee at Cafe Latte. 
On Sunday, we had one more stop to make before I'd spend the rest of the day on the road. After church, we went to Black. They serve the most photogenic waffles and that's what life is all about these days.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment